Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I must have jinxed it


The other day I thought to myself: “Hey, so far the daycare has never called us to say something was wrong with BlueEyes or to ask us to come pick him up”. I realized that minute that I probably shouldn’t say that out loud in order not to jinx it. But apparently just thinking something like that also jinxed it, because last Thursday BlueEyes came back from daycare with pinkeye. At first we weren’t sure if it was pinkeye, and we just called the pediatrician because the daycare people told us to do so. He prescribed antibiotic drops and we did our best to try and put the drops in BlueEyes’ pink eye (don’t know if you’ve ever tried that, but we needed some wrestling move that Hulk Hogan would have been proud of to accomplish that). The next morning it was clear that indeed it was pinkeye, because I woke up with my eye completely shut and bright red.



BlueEyes has been back to daycare since yesterday (with no signs of pinkeye anymore), and then today the daycare called me at work for the first time. My heart was beating because I immediately thought something bad had happened, but it turned out that they needed a fax from the pediatrician about the pinkeye situation (because apparently by now half his class has pinkeye). So I took care of that and then I got another call from the daycare. Same scare, but luckily the daycare people start by saying:”everything’s fine with BlueEyes”. Phew. This time BlueEyes had hit himself in the nose with the plastic yellow school bus, but aside from a little nose bleed he was fine. Crack (that was my mother-heart breaking a little bit.). I’ll try to count my blessings REALLY quiet next time not to jinx it again…

No comments:

Post a Comment